A New Way to Report Tax Identity Theft

A new way to report tax identity theft

by Seena Gressin
Attorney, Division of Consumer & Business Education, FTC

Identity theft is hard enough. That’s why we keep working to make recovering from it easier. It’s also why we’re happy to let you know about an innovative project by the FTC and IRS that lets people report tax-related identity theft to the IRS online, using the FTC’s IdentityTheft.gov website to file IRS Form 14039.

IdentityTheft.gov website on a laptop, tablet, and smartphone.

Read more >

Leave a Reply