Aside from taking up space, when food scraps end up in the landfill and decompose without access to oxygen they release methane, a greenhouse gas many times more potent than carbon dioxide. Composting not only prevents this, but also produces one of nature’s best mulches and soil improvers.
Kamaro Product’s composting bin lets you do your bit for the planet and your garden without any nasty odors. The secret is the bin’s twin bucket design and smart airflow system. Holes near the bottom of the outer stainless steel bucket allow air from outside to flow in and up the gap between it and the inner plastic bucket that holds the food waste.
When this air flows to the top of the inner bucket it mixes with the inner air, and the increased oxygen content of the resulting circulating air significantly slows the rotting of the organic waste and therefore reduces the smell. Because the waste can still develop a slight smell, a charcoal filter has also been integrated into the lid of the bin, so no odors escape. The filters should last about six months and are easily replaceable.
But the bin doesn’t just prevent your food waste from stinking up your kitchen, it also looks good doing it. The exterior bucket and lid are made from durable 18/10 stainless steel that will be at home on the countertop as it will inside a cupboard. Meanwhile, the inner plastic bin is easily removable – both the inner and outer bins have handles for easy transportation – and is dishwasher safe.
The inner bucket has a capacity of 5 liters (1.3 gal), while the outer bucket measures 7.9 inches wide by 11 inches (28 cm) high, making it convenient for any kitchen.
You can grab your own compost bin with smart airflow for reduced smell here.
- No more daily injections! Our tubeless Pod delivers up to 3 days of insulin with auto-cannula feature.
- Erythrocyte Copper Chaperone for Superoxide Dismutase Is Increased following Marginal Copper Deficiency in Adult and Postweanling Mice
- Poor Taste and Smell Are Associated with Poor Appetite, Macronutrient Intake, and Dietary Quality but Not with Undernutrition in Older Adults
- Maternal Heart Health Predicts Cardiovascular Disease Onset in Offspring
- The Omnipod DASH® System is covered on most plans, including commercial, Medicaid and Medicare Part D. It couldn’t be easier to get started!
- Smell and Taste Dysfunction Is Associated with Higher Serum Total Cholesterol Concentrations in Chinese Adults